FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |  Register |  Profile | Log in ]

::: CityOfWindsor.com Community Message Board :::

Welcome to the CityOfWindsor.com Message Board

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CityOfWindsor.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: Welcome to the CityOfWindsor.com Message Board Reply with quote
Some of us at CityOfWindsor.com spent some time looking for a place to discuss local issues. We looked and looked and came up empty handed. So, we decided to offer this service ourselves!

Welcome to the new community forum. Feel free to browse around and get things rolling with some posts and discussions of your own.

Please check out the Rules in the Forum Q & A section before you begin.

Thanks for stopping by!

Sincerely,

CityOfWindsor.com Staff

Last edited by admin on Wed May 19, 2004 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
suzanne

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wow, this is a good idea! A community board will definately be handy.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just stumbled here, looks new, but could be interesting. I live in Windsor and was looking for the city website. I guess this is much easier to find.
anyways, hope things work out for you guys, I will pop in from time to time just to see whats hot.
mattster1972

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah this is a very good idea! Good going! I have got a little one on my homepage but is not getting any action. It's very hard to get the word out and traffic to your site unless you have the funds for it! Also this too message board costs. I would really love to afford a nice message board like this for my own site!

I hope to see some good topics! Need any help or admins for certain topics... let me know! I will be more than welcome to lend a helping hand!

Matt
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
mattster1972

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: PM Reply with quote
I have notice that PM's are disabled for all forums. None of us can PM (message/e-mail) other registered users. I found this out while I was gonna PM our Admin for some ideas and such.

Matt
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
admin
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Matt,

I have disabled Private Messaging and emailing from the board because of privacy issues, spam, and to prevent mis-use. We want to encourage everyone to speak their mind in the public forums.

I just noticed that my email (general forum email address) was also hidden I have now made that available under the memberlist link at the top of the page- thanks for pointing it out.

(All users are free to hide or show their email addresses if they want to be contacted. )

We welcome any and all suggestions!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CityOfWindsor.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: