FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |  Register |  Profile | Log in ]

::: CityOfWindsor.com Community Message Board :::

Tsunami Disaster Donations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CityOfWindsor.com Forum Index -> Non-Profit Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomg

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject: Tsunami Disaster Donations Reply with quote
This disaster that has happened is so terrible- I can hardly imagine what those people are going through. The work to rebuild is going to take years and years! It has definately made my family and I appreciate what we have!

My whole family got together and pooled what we could afford - even the kids dug into their piggy-banks - and we made a big donation to the Red Cross as a family.

I think it's important for all of us who can give - to help in whatever way we can. The newspaper said that Windsorites were the biggest per-capita supporters - giving money to relief organizations. I'm really proud of Windsor for this!

I really think that Canada needs to be one of the world leaders in helping out with this tragedy. Not just with money but with our peace-keepers and military resources. We aren't big on war - but this is where we really shine.

Anyway, I just wanted to post in order to open the discussion on this issue and to encourage everyone to do what they can.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CityOfWindsor.com Forum Index -> Non-Profit Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: