FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |  Register |  Profile | Log in ]

::: CityOfWindsor.com Community Message Board :::

pro bowl jerseys Alls quiet with Victor Cruz, but

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CityOfWindsor.com Forum Index -> Non-Profit Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
???

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:29 am    Post subject: pro bowl jerseys Alls quiet with Victor Cruz, but Reply with quote
NEW YORK -- So far, all’s quiet on the Victor Cruz front.
After the earlier this week, other teams are free to submit offer sheets to lure away the talented young receiver. But so far -- although it is very early -- co-owner and team president John Mara hasn’t heard of any other teams in play for Cruz’s services.
“Not that I know of. [url=http://www.oceanma.com/wholesale/pro.html]pro bowl jerseys[/url] Nothing to report,” Mara said tonight, before being honored by the Natural Resources Defense Council for the Giants and Jets’ joint effort to make MetLife Stadium one of the greenest in pro sports. “But that doesn’t mean conversations aren’t going on.”
The Giants’ own negotiations with Cruz, toward a long-term contract instead of the one-year, $2.879 million tender, have also been put on hold temporarily because of the mandatory five-day waiting period after a player switches agents. Cruz switched representation this week to CAA’s Tom Condon, which the Giants hope could help progress toward a deal.
Condon represents multiple Giants players, including quarterback Eli Manning.
“Certainly we’ve done business with Tom Condon before,” Mara said. “I think the fact that he has our quarterback is maybe a good thing, but we’ll see. We’ll see. He’ll go out and try to get the best deal he can for Victor, and hopefully it will be with us.”
Mara’s co-owner and Giants chairman Steve Tisch also sees Cruz hiring Condon as a positive.
“Eli is a client of his, and we’ve had a great experience with Tom in terms of negotiating Eli’s deals,” Tisch said. “Tom is very familiar with our ownership, with the team, with (general manager) Jerry Reese, and I think it’s a win-win.”
Tisch added: “From Victor’s perspective, I think he’s now with one of the top agents in the business. Victor is a friend, so that’s a good thing. I think it’s a good thing for the Giants, too, because this is not Tom’s first rodeo. He certainly knows our team and how we operate, so that’s [url=http://hcigroup.com/authenticjerseyscheap.php ]wholesale nfl jerseys[/url] going to save a lot of time and a lot of game-playing. And we’re going to get right down to it.”
The first few [url=http://hcigroup.com/authenticjerseyscheap.php ]authentic nfl jerseys[/url] days of free agency have been an interesting barometer of the free-agent receiver market. Mike Wallace signed a five-year contract worth a reported $60 million -- a $12 million per year average -- but slot receivers Wes Welker and Danny Amendola both reportedly signed contracts averaging about $6 million per year.
Cruz is five years younger than Welker and more prolific than Amendola, so he could command more money on the market, but the for the Giants’ ability to keep him.
“It’s hard [url=http://hcigroup.com/authenticjerseyscheap.php ]cheap nfl jerseys[/url] to say,” Mara said. “Some receivers, though, have gotten some pretty big contracts. Mike Wallace got a big contract. So I don’t know. I have no idea how [url=http://hcigroup.com/nfljerseys-wholesale.php ]wholesale jerseys online[/url] this is all going to play out, I just know that we want him back.”
Any teams submitting offer sheets must do so by April 19, and the Giants have the ability to match, or to recoup a first-round pick if they do not.
Mara was more definitive today on right tackle David Diehl's future with the Giants, saying, "I believe David will be a Giant. We certainly want him to be." Earlier in the week, Mara said Diehl would "hopefully" be back.
The Record reported Diehl has agreed to a pay cut to stay with the Giants, but Diehl's agent said there is "no truth" to that -- at least at this point. A change seems inevitable, however, for Diehl, who will make a $4.475 million base salary and carries a $6.9 million cap charge.
RB Brandon Jacobs is a free agent, since being cut by the 49ers in December. Mara is not sure if the Giants would considering bringing him back.
"I haven’t talked about that with Jerry or Tom (Coughlin)," Mara said. "Ultimately, it is up to them. I don’t know if that’s been discussed yet or not. ... He will always be part of the family, but whether he plays football or not again, I don’t know what his desire is, to tell you the truth."
Mara said Jacobs did stop by the Giants facility this offseason, but he said it was a "social" visit for Jacobs and his family, something they have done from time to time since Jacobs and the Giants parted ways last spring. Mara was not in during his visit.
MetLife Stadium was designed to be the greenest in the NFL, and the Giants and Jets have continued their efforts to be environmentally conscious, which is why both teams' owners were jointly recognized at the annual Game Changer Awards Gala as leaders in professional sports’ greening movement.
One new innovation was the addition of a solar ring atop MetLife Stadium that lights up blue or green, depending on the home team, which has helped cut electric consumption.
"I think that is the trend now; I think most people recognize we all have an obligation to do what we can for the environment," Mara said. "Even since being recognized as the greenest stadium in the league, we’ve improved our carbon footprint."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CityOfWindsor.com Forum Index -> Non-Profit Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: