FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |  Register |  Profile | Log in ]

::: CityOfWindsor.com Community Message Board :::

Gas Prices!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomg

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 10:54 am    Post subject: Gas Prices! Reply with quote
I just have to get it off my chest: these gas prices are killing me!!

The government says to conserve... and carpool. That's not so easy when you drive half an hour to work each day and don't live near any co-workers!

I'm a big supporter of the initiative for giving consumers 3 days notice before a price jump.

I hear there's a boycott of buying gas today. I doubt that will have much effect, but I'll try anything!
greyandstuart

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just remember one thing, the less gas they sell, the higher the price seems to go. There is over 35% taxes on gas. The government needs to lower the taxes and quit stealing are money
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FedUpCanuck

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: I agree Reply with quote
Grey and Stuart i agree with you the government needs to stop stealing our money. Not to mention about 1000 other things it needs to get fixed.

The thing i find most revolting about the gas prices, is the fact that Canada has more than enough oil to supply the country, yet they manage to sell it to the US for a cheaper price than they offer their own countrymen. Now yes i realize the majority of these oil companies are probably owned by American business men/women. But like so many things in this world, it just doesn't seem right.

As for the government, something that irritates me to no end is the fact that whenever the government needs a little bit of money (here comes another tax)
We're one of the most taxed countries in the world, (if not the most taxed)
And yet the taxes continue to go up. Where is all this money going? What happened to the GST, which was originally only supposed to be a temporary fix? (another government lie).

Now they start a heathcare tax in Ontario. This country is a wonderful country, and I AM PROUD TO BE CANADIAN!!!! But the politicians need to go. Can someone please bring back something that seems to be completely lost on the politicians in this country? It's called Integrity, and Honesty.

Integrity \In*teg"ri*ty\, n. [L. integritas: cf. F.
int['e]grit['e]. See Integer, and cf. Entirety.]
Moral soundness; honesty; freedom from corrupting
influence or motive; -- used especially with reference to
the fulfillment of contracts, the discharge of agencies,
trusts, and the like; uprightness; rectitude.

Please to all the politicians out here, study this piece of information. This is what Canadians are most looking for.

Someone they can trust (which as of right now, is no one).

My two cents.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CityOfWindsor.com Forum Index -> Local News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: