FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |  Register |  Profile | Log in ]

::: CityOfWindsor.com Community Message Board :::

Are you voting this election?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FedUpCanuck

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:58 pm    Post subject: Are you voting this election? Reply with quote
I just figured that since i've been watching the news lately, and they have been doing quite a few stories with regards to the number of people voting dropping off. I would ask all of you what you're going to do.

Myself personally will not be voting. I want to vote, but have a small issue, i can't vote for someone i don't trust.

Please i would like to hear other people's opinions on this matter. Maybe one of you can show me the light.

Also for the people who may not know alot about politics in general.
Please can people write up a short description of what principles, and objectives the specific parties have in mind?

I hope the people that run the site don't mind me asking people to do this, but i feel it may be a very good public service.

List what you know the plans of the individual parties are. Please just point form, we don't want to read a 20 page novel.
P-man

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I voted this year year for the municipal elections, but I doubt I will bother with the federal elections.
personally, I don't see any prospective changes, and it seems all the federal politicians have covered the "issues", does anyone know what those issues are exactly?
health care, education, gun registry, and taxes seem to be hot topics, but whenever the word issues is mentioned, all I see is how its going to cost MORE money, and how I am going to get LESS for it. its that never ending cliche, all over again.
I am actually tired of it, but I do not see any change coming soon.
admin
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:37 am    Post subject: Links to party info. Reply with quote
The following is a link to some info and links on the parties in the upcoming election. It has links to the party sites as well which should contain some platform details for the individual parties.

Pinning down a brief rhetoric free description of the party platforms and differences is trickier than it should be!

http://www.nodice.ca/election2004/parties.html
tomg

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Better check that out... hmm... thanks!
sherd6

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you don't exercise your right to vote, then you are part of the problem.As a democratic society,your vote separates you from the other countries that don't have the same rights.
Without a vote, you have no right to complain about anything.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CityOfWindsor.com Forum Index -> Local News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: