FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |  Register |  Profile | Log in ]

::: CityOfWindsor.com Community Message Board :::

Troubled FRO (Family Responsibility Office)

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is FRO Really Helpful As They Claim To Be For Families?
Yes! Definately.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No Way Man!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I Don't Wanna Talk About It.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
It Has Already Ruined My Life And My Family!
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 2

mattster1972

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:40 pm    Post subject: Troubled FRO (Family Responsibility Office) Reply with quote
A few months back there was news in the Windsor Star, all over our local TV news and even our local AM 800 radio. I just happened to get on that morning with Lynne Martin. The topic was TROUBLED FRO.

All the news was just with Sandra Puppatello on tv with wives not getting their money from fro. Made me pretty upset!! Also we who have to make support payments through FRO are mostly labelled "dead beat dads".

FRO - The Family Responsibility Office is where you the support payor, by a family "Court Order" is summonds to pay your child support, spousal support and what ever back pay is needed to be payed through the clauses of a Court Order. Then the money goes to the ex-spouse.

I myself have nothing but problems with FRO. To this day June 8 2004, I still have not recieved my Income-tax return yet because of FRO. I have also had my License taken away by FRO once and to this day have a %50 wage garnish from my employer weekly, also to mention any income-tax or GST rebates as well.

What are your thoughts and comments about FRO

Matt
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
littleone

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Matt, my stepfather is having a horrible time with this office. He was finished paying child support nearly five years ago (his youngest is not far too old and not attending school etc.) and he just recently started getting more money taken off of his paycheques!! He is outraged because now he has to go to his lawyer and pay out of his pocket to get them to stop taking the money off. His ex is not complaining and is most likely never going to pay the money back. It's awful and I can NOT believe that it is happening. Total glitch in the system and he's never going to see his money back as I'm sure she can't afford to pay it back. Funny enough, she has no problem spending it, I'm sure. I feel for you guys. Sad
mattster1972

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't think we have enough members to talk about FRO here... I even have a small FRO forum on my own homepage but no traffic to it. I sure wish there was an easy and cheap way to get the word out. Not only for this sake but for the sake of our own LOCAL Message Board.. I wonder how much it would cost us to put a "loose leaf paper flyer" in our Windsor Star paper so that the word about this site could get out to our whole local community.

Any suggestions Mod?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
mattster1972

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I forgot to add one more thing! Going back to the topic, I hope some day I can confront Sandra Puppatello and talk to her about FRO. See seems to have part of the picture about FRO wrong and how it does really ruin families!! Some day I hope.
admin
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
mattster1972,

I appreciate your interest in spreading the word about this community site. We are working on getting the word out- however, this isn't a for-profit site so something like flyers is probably out. But the more people spread the word to their friends and families- the better. More people definately makes for better debate!

As for getting the word out about the FRO... you may want to consider writing a letter to the editor for the Windsor star. A well written, factual, non-slanderous letter can have a great impact, it is read by many people including members of government. If you have first-hand experience then you can certianly make a good case. If you can get first hand experience from multiple people, and have a well researched letter with quotes and such, the Star may feature your letter more prominently too.
tomg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, I agree about the letter to the editor. And you don't have to limit yourself to our local Windsor Star either. Write to the national papers too if you have something very important to say.

But... don't write some angry rant. It won't prove the point.
mattster1972

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The letters never work. I sent 2 big letters to the windsor star and even sent copies to certain reporters last year. All that got into the Star was just a little quote in the Feedback Letter's To The Editors. That was it. This was all happened the time I saw Sandra Pupatello all over our local tv news and am800. I did get a chance to speak on am800 last winter but even Lynn Martin had her doubts as to what I was telling her what FRO was doing to me. Oh well.
sikkbones

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
the goverment is corrupt when it comes to the whole child custody thing... i am trying to see my son and instead of looking out for his best intrests all they are doing in looking out for the mothers economic bottom line... it's such bullshit...

www.459.betrayer.ca
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CityOfWindsor.com Forum Index -> Local News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: